finally diving back in
Jul. 25th, 2026 11:01 pmAfter a couple of years of saying I'd get back into Star Ocean but then not doing it, guess who finally started replaying SO1 just over a week ago!
As previously planned, I'm doing so via the R version on the Switch. It's a glorified port of the PSP version, as opposed to SO2 R being a full-blown remake, so it's honestly really showing its age in some ways. ^^; Still, I'm enjoying my time with it, and I still like these characters a lot. Plus, SO1 itself (and by extension the whole series) turned 30 years old on the 19th, so I figured now would be the most fitting time to play this game again if I was ever going to get round to doing so!
I picked up Ashlay, Ioshua, Erys and Pericci this playthrough, just like my second time round with the PSP version from way back, because I love Ioshua and especially Erys so much. ♥ It shouldn't take me that much longer to beat the game from here, because it was always relatively short.
I have plans for a couple more SO1 R playthroughs should I feel inclined in future, but for now, once I've finished this run I think I'll start SO2 R at last. I'm quite looking forward to that, actually!
As previously planned, I'm doing so via the R version on the Switch. It's a glorified port of the PSP version, as opposed to SO2 R being a full-blown remake, so it's honestly really showing its age in some ways. ^^; Still, I'm enjoying my time with it, and I still like these characters a lot. Plus, SO1 itself (and by extension the whole series) turned 30 years old on the 19th, so I figured now would be the most fitting time to play this game again if I was ever going to get round to doing so!
I picked up Ashlay, Ioshua, Erys and Pericci this playthrough, just like my second time round with the PSP version from way back, because I love Ioshua and especially Erys so much. ♥ It shouldn't take me that much longer to beat the game from here, because it was always relatively short.
I have plans for a couple more SO1 R playthroughs should I feel inclined in future, but for now, once I've finished this run I think I'll start SO2 R at last. I'm quite looking forward to that, actually!
no subject
Date: 2026-07-26 06:52 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-07-26 11:12 pm (UTC)(I think a couple of the games have demos available if you want to try them out, assuming you have any of the systems they're available on. One of the neat things about SO as a series is that it's fine to jump in with any game you want as a starting point, and I'm sure there's LPs out there for all of them if you want to see whichever game looks most interesting to you first.)
no subject
Date: 2026-07-30 01:56 am (UTC)(I do have a Switch... I can always look into whatever's available on that. Probably will just watch a playthrough, but it's nice to see what's there.)